This post is also available in: العربية (Arabic) اردو (Urdu)
Gaming has gradually become a hobby for the younger generation. Numerous mobile games have been launched in the past few years which turned out to be a huge money-making scheme for the creators. Technology in every area is getting advanced day by day and human lives are getting more compact.
Two years back, a mobile game was released which literally broke all records widely. PlayersUnknown’s Battlegrounds or commonly known as PUBG was praised worldwide after the launch. It has now entered the most downloaded and played mobile game ever list and is still played by a massive audience around the globe.
Also read: PUBG Finally Apologizes For The ‘Birthday Crate’ Which Looked Like Holy Kaaba And Muslims Are Really Happy!
A 16-year-old Indian boy lost his life due to playing PUBG.
Most recently, reports say that an Indian boy died while playing PUBG on his mobile. A 16-year-old boy named Furqan Qureshi of India, was playing the multiplayer online game for six hours continuously when he encountered a cardiac arrest and died on the way to the hospital.
Furqan was a grade XII student who along with his family was in Neemuch area of Madhya Pradesh when he collapsed and fell on the floor while playing PUBG. The family was there to attend a relative’s wedding. When the boy had a cardiac arrest his younger sister named Fiza was present in the same room who told the father about the incident. The 16-year-old was then rushed to the nearest hospital but was pronounced dead when he reached there.
Dr. Jain, who treated the boy, stated:
“The reason for his death was a surge in his adrenaline which caused increased heart rate and resulted in cardiac arrest. It is also believed that since Furqan was playing the game constantly for 6 long hours, he may have dwelled into some sort of syndrome from which he was unable to come out”.
An addiction to something so casual can sometimes lead to brutal consequences. Despite being scolded by his parents several times Furqan was naive enough to understand the reason behind. As the case went viral on the media, parents are now warning their children to limit their mobile use and not to play games for too long.
Want to add something to the story? Let us know in the comments below!