The trend of online gaming is on the rise and the numbers of gamers are increasing, rapidly! For the vast majority of the world, video games are the face of virtual entertainment but overuse of something can be very dangerous to one’s health. Many ignore the side effects of the disadvantages of a certain thing can have. However as technology is advancing, the trend of online gaming has surely taken over almost every household and children and young adults have gotten a little carried without knowing the disadvantages!
Let’s not forget that gaming can be a serious addiction!
Parents’ supervision plays a vital role in this and it’s extremely heartbreaking to witness how parents are neglecting their children thinking their children are safe at home while playing online games. What parents are forgetting is that this gaming addiction can be injurious to health! Just recently, a tragic incident was reported where an 11-year-old b0y was found lifeless while playing the super popular game, Fortnight.
The child, who was a resident of Lahore and was taken to a hospital after he was found unconscious by his friends with a controller in his hands when his friends went upstairs to meet him. The doctors declared that he’s passed away due to a cardiac arrest. According to the reports, on 5 February, around 5 pm, the child went to his room to play Fortnite.
This incident proved to be eye-opening for those parents who think they’re children are playing online games while sitting at home without having to worry about a thing and without realizing how it affects the child’s health in the worst possible way.
It’s time for parents to be extremely vigilant when they’re children are using gadgets. Parents should make their children follow a strict routine and set a time for the usage of such devices.